Shield (A grade) team selection
Selections for the Shield level teams (hockey is graded into 3 levels at a junior level – Shield, Pennant and District) will occur during pre season training running from the week 6th February through to, and including, the week of the 6th March. After this time those players not selected for Shield will train in the Pennant / District time slot and will be allocated to one of these teams during the rest of pre season training. Please note as outlined in the Selection policy Waverley may move players between teams as any time.
The training schedule during this period of time is shown below, following team selections Shield teams will train in the second time slot each evening, see the training page for more details, http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/training/
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the Training schedule from week 8th February to week 6th March inclusive, the regular season schedule starts from week 13th March
Please arrive at training 15 minutes prior to start time to ensure you have all equipment ready (shin pads, mouthguards etc) and have completed a warm up.
- U10 half field – no training during this period
- U12– Thursdays 5.30pm to 7pm
- U14 – Wednesdays 5.30pm to 7pm
- U16 – Tuesdays 5.30pm to 7pm
Policies of relevance to pre season training and selection are listed below:
- Selection policy – http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/policies/team-selection-policy/
- Playing out of age group policy – http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/policies/age-group-policy/
- Heat policy – http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/policies/heat-policy/
- Extreme weather policy – http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/policies/extreme-weather/
In addition all players, coaches and spectators are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct at all times including at training sessions: http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/code-of-conduct/