Shield team selection for all U12, U14 & U16 players – will occur over the initial 2-3 weeks of training for each age group (note: preseason period for U14/16 players seeking to play Shield competition starts week of 3rd February). There is no U10 grading / selection. Refer age group training schedule for times http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/training/)
In 2020 selections will take place for all players seeking to play in a Shield team during this period. For players wishing to play Shield it is highly recommended to attend training the weeks of selection and consider taking part in the Waverley Preseason Academy (http://waverleyhc.org.au/pre-season-academy/). Selections for Pennant and District teams will be finalised in the early stages of formal training sessions from week of 2nd March.
If a player is unable to attend please email the Junior Committee via email@example.com
Refer below for the preseason training/selection schedule, from 2nd March standard training sessions will start, refer http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/training/.
Please arrive at training 15 minutes prior to start time to ensure you have all equipment ready (shin pads, mouthguards etc) and have completed a warm up.
- U14 – Wednesdays 6.00pm to 7.30pm
- U16 – Tuesdays 6.00pm to 7.30pm
Policies of relevance to pre season training and selection are listed below:
- Selection policy – http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/policies/team-selection-policy/
- Playing out of age group policy – http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/policies/age-group-policy/
- Heat policy – http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/policies/heat-policy/
- Extreme weather policy – http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/policies/extreme-weather/
In addition all players, coaches and spectators are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct at all times including at training sessions: http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/code-of-conduct/