Waverley Panthers – U10 Intra Club program
The Waverley Panthers U10 Intra Club program aims to provide an environment to both introduce new players to the game of hockey and also develop player’s skills and knowledge of hockey prior to progressing to an age appropriate Hockey Victoria competition. The program can be attended for multiple years with players broken up into age and skill appropriate groups. The program is a combination of skills development and small sided game play.
The four main aims of the localised Intra-club program are:
- To reduce the barriers of cost and travel.
- To provide an appropriate introduction to competition for new and young players.
- To bridge the gap between Hookin2Hockey and the Hockey Victoria (HV) U10/U12 competitions and/or association competition.
- To improve player development. Smaller teams + smaller field = more touches, more involvement, and improved skill development.
Participants will be allocated to a team aligned to their age, generally U8 & U10, with a dedicated coach. Each week starts with a training session with the coach to focus on developing specific skills. This is followed by a game against another of the Panther teams to develop their match experience. Games will generally be 15 to 20 minute halves and played on either a quarter field (older groups) or eighth field (younger groups) format.
In 2017 the Waverley Panthers program will operate throughout the winter junior hockey season, May to August. The season will be divided into two 7 week programs with a mid-season break (school holidays).
The Waverley Panthers program details in 2018 are outlined below:
- Two 7 week seasons (term 2 & 3). Dates to be confirmed.
- Two week break between seasons during July school holidays. Will not be held Queens Birthday weekend.
Cost: To be confirmed – Waverley hockey club registration fee – includes team shirt & end of season medals, plus registration fee payable to Hockey Victoria which covers insurance for players.
Click here to register: http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/registration/