Player sponsorship 2016
We are actively encouraging all players in Premier League and Premier League Reserves to obtain a Player Sponsor in 2016. The cost of the sponsorship will be $275 including GST.
Benefits for the sponsor
The benefits to the sponsor include:
- Access to a membership base of over 500 people and a larger pool of parents and other supporters
- Prominent display with a picture of all players and their player sponsor in the Waverley Hockey Club clubrooms
- Acknowledgment of the sponsorship on the Waverley Hockey Club website
- Invitation to a sponsors function during a Premier League Home Day
- A one-on-one discussion with the Club’s Operations Manager to talk through options for communicating to the overall member base
- Waverley Hockey Club stubby holder
- Also, although we are prohibited from providing tax “advice” to the potential sponsors, the cost will be tax deductible for companies and eligible for a GST credit so the real cost to them is only $175 (at the company tax rate of 30%).
- Benefit for the player
What does the player get out of the effort? Out of the $275 sponsorship, the player will receive an amount to go towards their costs of playing hockey which brings the Premier League/Premier League Reserves cost to the same rate as the Pennant/Metro rate for the equivalent membership. The other amount goes towards funding the costs associated with the sponsorship board, the sponsors function and the club merchandise and the remainder goes into the sponsorship revenue for the club.
How to get a sponsor?
We understand that asking someone to be a sponsor can be something that is foreign to a lot of people. However, you should feel confident in the fact that we have a product that appeals to a wide audience with a large membership base and a wider community of parents and supporters that attend games and the Clubrooms. For an after-tax cost of $175, most companies probably only need 1 or 2 extra sales to come out on top from the arrangement.
Potential sponsors could come from a lot of different avenues, including:
- Your employer
- Family and friends
- Businesses local to your home
- Business local to the hockey club
If you are struggling for suggestions, a good starting point would be to find a quiet spot for 10 minutes and write down all the potential businesses that fit into the above categories. You will be surprised how many you come up with. Also, if you are thinking of utilising the businesses around Waverley, you could do it as a duo or small group to soften the experience.
A marketing document that you may also be able to use if to discuss with any interested party which has some detail on the club and our size is available from the club. There are also details on the other sponsorship opportunities. Obviously if someone wants to become a gold or platinum member it would be great for the club! If this is the case, further fee reductions can be discussed as well.
Why should they sponsor you?
What information apart from the points above can you provide to potential sponsors apart from the general Club information? You can have a list of your achievements including:
- Any junior and senior state representation
- Playing history at Waverley and premierships you have been involved in
- Any volunteer activity you do at the club
- Leadership positions held within the team
- Position you play on the field and your importance to the team
If you would like to have a discussion about a potential sponsor or some guidance on how to have the conversation, Simon Leung (Mens President) is happy to assist and is an expert at these types of conversations! His number is 0427 872 573.
Once you have attained a player sponsorship, please email through the sponsors details to Elliot Kitchingman at email@example.com and he will send through an invoice to the sponsor.