U10 Half Field – Hockey Victoria Competition
U10 Half Field will return in term 2 2019. Information will be updated when details are known.
The U10 Half Field competition is for players who have played hockey before or who have done at least one (if not multiple) season of the Waverley Panthers program (or equivalent at another club). This formal competition will provide a final step in development prior to progressing to full field hockey competition in the older junior age groups.
Waverley aims to have at least one all girls team, with the remaining teams a mixed boy/girl competition.
U10 half field competition quick facts
- Two 8 week seasons (Term 2 & 3). Season starts 28 April 2018.
- Saturday mornings, games allocated between 8.30am – 12 noon, at multiple locations
- Weekly training is held at the Waverley Hedley Hull Field 5.30-6.30pm on Mondays. Training will begin in March 2017.
- Played on a half pitch with 7 players per side
- 25 minute halves, with 5 minute break between halves.
- The coach is allowed on the field during play but not in the circles
- Players will need to purchase and wear a Waverley uniform
U10 half field competition eligibility
To ensure appropriate development and opportunity for the individual player and across all our U10 junior Waverley participants, the club has introduced minimum eligibility criteria to participate in the U10 Hockey Victoria competition.
- be 8 years of age or older at 1st January 2018
- have played a minimum of one season (one term) of Waverley Panther Intra Club competition (or equivalent at another club)
Cost: To be confirmed Waverley hockey club registration fee, plus registration fee payable to Hockey Victoria.
Click here to register: http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/registration/