U10 Half Field – Hockey Victoria Competition
The U10 Half Field competition is for players who have played hockey before or who have done at least one (if not multiple) season of the Waverley Panthers program (or equivalent at another club). This formal competition will provide a final step in development prior to progressing to full field hockey competition in the older junior age groups.
Waverley aims to have at least one all girls team, with the remaining teams a mixed boy/girl competition.
U10 half field competition quick facts
- 14 week season with a Gala round robin in week 15 (instead of finals). Season starts 29 April 2017.
- Saturday mornings, games allocated between 8.30am – 12 noon, at multiple locations
- Weekly training is held at the Waverley Hedley Hull Field 5-6pm on Mondays. Training will begin in March 2017.
- Played on a half pitch with 7 players per side
- 25 minute halves, with 5 minute break between halves.
- The coach is allowed on the field during play but not in the circles
- Players will need to purchase and wear a Waverley uniform
U10 half field competition eligibility
To ensure appropriate development and opportunity for the individual player and across all our U10 junior Waverley participants, the club has introduced minimum eligibility criteria to participate in the U10 Hockey Victoria competition.
- be 8 years of age or older at 1st January 2017
- have played a minimum of one season (full 2 halves) of Waverley Panther Intra Club competition (or equivalent at another club)
- Subject to confirmation with Hockey Victoria, Waverley will be limited to 3-4 teams in the U10 competition in 2017. We will take a maximum of 10 players per team. In the event demand for the competition exceeds available spots team selection sessions may be undertaken.
Cost: $215 Waverley hockey club registration fee, plus $50 registration fee payable to Hockey Victoria.
Click here to register: http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/registration/