There are numerous tasks associated with running the club and too few volunteers to cover all that needs to be done.
The levy provides a financial incentive to our members to become more involved with the club and the multitude of activities necessary to make the club run smoothly. If you choose not to volunteer then the levy will be used to pay an Airtasker.
Payment of the levy
All senior players (except juniors playing seniors) will be charged the $100.00 levy in addition to membership fees upon registration.
Refunding of the levy is a system process, however you are required to trigger this process. When you have completed your volunteering, simply submit the form as detailed below in order to trigger the refunding process.
Volunteer tasks & roles
Awesome – opting to volunteer and get your money back contributes hugely to manage and maintain the club whilst developing a culture of participation and teamwork! All we ask is that you complete any of the following:
- Canteen and/or BBQ work (a minimum of 4 hours)
- Coaching (head or Assistant, both senior and junior units – may also be entitled to fee relief in addition to the volunteer levy)
- Team Manager (Senior teams)
- Junior Academy (5 weeks)
- Hookin2Hockey (5 weeks)
- Stick2Hockey (5 weeks of either coaching or umpiring small games)
- Men’s, Women’s, Junior Unit roles or other committee roles (e.g. Communications coordinator, social event coordinator and umpire coordinator etc.)
- Taking on a role to support the club overall eg co-ordinating additional sponsors for the club
- And any other activity which the Executive agree is taking on an active role around the club
How to get involved
|Junior Academy||Minimum 4 weeks||Brett Thomson
|Hookin2Hockey||Minimum 4 weeks||Brett Thomson
|Stick to Hockey (coaching or umpiring)||Minimum 4 weeks||Brett Thomson
|Working bee / work around the Club grounds||Minimum 4 hours||Nikki Gerling
|Coaching (Juniors)||Full season||Brett Thomson
|Coaching or Team Managing Mens||Full season||Geoff Greaves
|Coaching or Team Managing Women's||Full season||Ally Rake-Bolt
|Junior unit committee role||Full season||Brett Thomson
|Men's unit committee role||Full season||Geoff Greaves
|Women's unit committee role||Full season||Ally Rake-Bolt
|Canteen & BBQ||Minimum of 4 hours||Sign up link to be provided|
How to get refunded
The Volunteer levy is processed only a few times throughout the season, like you – our Treasurer is volunteering their time, so you may not receive your refund for a number of weeks. All volunteer levies will be returned via EFT to the nominated members account and to claim you simply need to click on the button below, complete and submit the form.
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com