Important: Please read below information in conjunction with the Covid-19 Junior Updates. The Covid-19 updates supersede any information below regarding competition, training, dates and times.
U10 Half Field – Hockey Victoria Competition
U10 Half Field will return in term 2 2020. Further information will be provided when details are known.
The U10 Half Field competition is for players who have previous hockey experience. This formal competition provides a final step in development prior to progressing to full field hockey competition in the older junior age groups.
Waverley aims to have at least one all girl team each season, with the remaining teams a mixed boy/girl competition.
U10 half field competition quick facts
- Two 8 week seasons (Term 2 & 3). Term 2 season starts 2nd May 2020.
- Games are Saturday mornings allocated between 8.30am – 12 noon, at multiple locations
- Weekly training held at the Waverley Hedley Hull Field 5.30-6.30pm on Wednesdays (to be confirmed). Training will begin Thursday 19th March 2020.
- Played on a half pitch with 7 players per side
- 25 minute halves, with 5 minute break between halves.
- The coach is allowed on the field during play to help with player development
- Players are required to purchase and wear a Waverley uniform
U10 half field competition eligibility
To ensure appropriate development and opportunity for the individual player and across all our U10 junior Waverley participants, the club has introduced minimum eligibility criteria to participate in the U10 Hockey Victoria competition.
- be 8 years of age or older at 1st January 2020
- have played a minimum of one season (one term) of Waverley Panthers Intraclub competition (or equivalent at another club)
Cost: To be confirmed Waverley hockey club registration fee, plus registration fee payable to Hockey Victoria.
Click here to register: http://waverleyhc.org.au/registration/