Hook in 2 Hockey
Hookin2Hockey is designed for boys and girls aged 10 and under, but the skills can be modified to suit players of any age and we often have older participants, particularly in Term 1 each year. Hookin2Hockey gives young boys and girls the opportunity to learn the basic skills of hockey, develop fundamental motor skills and make friends all while beginning their lifelong love of hockey. This program structure has been developed to help participants step through their hockey journey.
We believe that Hookin2Hockey will introduce new players to a game that provides fun, friendship, and a lifelong love of an iconic Olympic sport, in a club/association based environment. The eight-week program will teach participants the basic skills giving them the opportunity to not only fall in love with our game, but providing them with a dream that one day they can represent Australia, whose teams are among the world’s best, at the highest level, the Olympic Games.
For more information refer on the program:https://hookin2hockey.com.au/
2023 contact details
Please contact Drew Ashton via the email@example.com email address with any questions.
Free come ‘n’ try sessions
On Saturday 11th February and Saturday 18th February 2023 11.00am to 12.00pm at the Waverley Hedley Hull Field free come ‘n’ try sessions will be held. New and existing Hookin2Hockey participants are all welcome to participate and we encourage you to bring friends and family members that would like to give hockey a go.
The details for the 2023 program are:
- We will run separate Hooki2nHockey programs on Saturdays from 11am to midday across Term 1, Term 2 and Term 3 at the Waverley Hedley Hull Field at Ashwood Reserve
- Term 1 will begin with Come ‘n’ Try sessions on 11th February and 18th February (participants returning from 2022 are welcome to attend these sessions)
- Term 2 and Term 3 will begin on the first Saturday after school term begins
- Our Stick2Hockey program (continuation of Hookin2Hockey) will also run at the same tine of 11:00am to midday on Saturdays during the same period
Costs of the program:
- First term attended:
- Hockey Victoria/Hockey Australia Hookin2Hockey fee of $40 (incorporates insurance costs)
- Waverley Hockey Club fee of $40
- Further term/s attended:
- Waverley Hockey Club fee of $40 per term
Registration for Hookin2Hockey is through the following link (first Term participation for the year for both new players and returning players): https://www.revolutionise.com.au/waverleyhockey/events/173808/
Registration details for subsequent terms will be provided to participants