Waverley run several options over summer including:
- Summer Stix – a small field, 5 or 6 a side competition played outdoors on (usually) a Friday night at the club during term 4 – a great way for less experienced players to develop their hockey. Well suited to new players or Pennant / District level players.
- Indoor – a 5 or 6 a side competition (numbers vary between age groups & venues) with a goal keeper and five field players played on an indoor surface up to 40m x 20m with wooden boards down each side of the court. It is a very fast game which is popular in Europe and is becoming more so in Australia. Playing indoor certainly improves skills and decision making and is the perfect vehicle to ready yourself for outdoor hockey over the summer. Better suited to more experienced players. Click here for more information about Indoor
- Hookin2Hockey – run in term 1 at schools in conjunction with Hockey Victoria.
- Post Olympics Hookin2Hockey – run in term 4 of 2016 to allow new players who are interested in trying hockey to give it a go! Click here to find out more: http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/minkey/
- Pre Season Academy – run in term 1 for returning players to strengthen their skills during pre season.
As more details for these programs come to light we will update the relevant webpage, to express interest in any of these programs click on the relevant link below:
- Summer Stix https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/summerstix2016
- Indoor https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/indoor2016
- Post Olympics Hookin2Hockey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/hookin2hockey2016
- Pre Season 2017 Academy https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017preseasonacademy