Ball Girl / Boy Duty Guide
Sign up using links below:
Ball girl / boy duty Premier League Women: https://signup.zone/GCDr4Wy76NBBGmFbo
Ball girl / boy duty Premier League Men: https://signup.zone/E3jjBgPypjZ2kvHAu
What & When
Junior teams (U14 & U16) to support Men`s and Women`s Premier League (not Reserves) home games by providing ball girl & ball boy resources.
Who & Responsibilities
- Will setup the roster of when ball girl / boy duty is required based on HV fixtures.
- Will assign a team to each game (girls to the women’s matches, boys to the men’s matches).
- Will send roster with assigned teams to games, to all U14 & U16 Team Managers so they can ask for individual volunteers.
- Notes down individual names, received from Team Managers, to the games
- Note: only U14 & U16 teams are to be rostered on, U10 & U12 players are considered too young to undertake this activity. Many U16s are also playing seniors so teams with a lot of players involved in seniors should be rostered on less than other teams
- Note: 4 girls and 4 boys are needed for each game.
- Note: Waverley home ground games only unless advised.
- Will work with the Roster Co-ordinator to ensure each team does volunteer to support the ball girl / boys duties as assigned.
- It is the Team Manager`s responsibility to work out who is covering and how this is shared across the team.
- It is also the Team Manager`s responsibility to remind volunteers in the lead up to their volunteering slot (eg.. remind them via email or text).
Ball girl / boy duty includes:
- Arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the game
- All Ball girls/boys MUSTwear shin pads, mouth guard & ball girl/boy vest.
- All Ball girls/boys will be advised by the Premier League Team Manager which end they are to look after and they should take their steer from the Team Manager throughout the game.
- After the game finishes all Ball Kids are entitled to a FREE drink from the canteen and a Just Hockey $10 voucher.