Team Manager overview
Assists in the organisation of the players in the team throughout the season, prior experience is not necessary. A willingness to help is all that is required. We encourage this role to be shared by two parents. Team Managers are supported by the Age Group Co-ordinator.
Key responsibilities Team Manager:
- Assists the coach to ensure training and match days run smoothly
- Maintain communication with parents about match day and training day details eg.. weekly email reminder of game time / location for coming week
- Maintain the scorebook and enter scores into Hockey Victoria website
- Collate the voting slips throughout the year for the best and fairest award
- Ensure first aid kit is available for training and match days
- Confirm with Umpire co-ordinator there is a team umpire for match days
- Ensure, along with the coach, that all players and parents observe player code of conduct in their behaviour at all times.
- For home games, provide match ball at beginning of match and collect at end of match
- Ensure that players are all wearing correct safety gear – e.g mouth guards and shin pads
- At end of game, Team Manager needs to get the signature of both umpires on the score sheet and ensure the correct score is recorded.