Important: Please read below information in conjunction with the Covid-19 Junior Updates. The Covid-19 updates supersede any information below regarding competition, training, dates and times.
Waverley has focus on providing all junior players new to hockey the best opportunity to learn about the game and develop their skills for future participation in formal competition. Our aim is to provide a fun, engaging and safe environment for our under 10 age group to start their hockey journey, with a number of options available to suit all levels of experience.
- Stick2Hockey – U10 intra club competition
- U10 Half Field – Hockey Victoria competition
- Hookin2Hockey: new to hockey, all ages
- Stick2Hockey: small field intra-club competition and skills development, next step after Hookin2Hockey program (6 years +)
- U10 Half Field: half field version of Hockey Victoria competition generally between 3 to 4 local clubs. Two 8 week competitions – term 2 and 3. For 8 years + with previous experience (intra- club or similar at another club).
For further detail of each option refer to:
- Hookin2Hockey at Waverley: http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/hookin2hockey/
- Stick2Hockey Program: http://waverleyhc.org.au/juniors/waverley-panthers/
- U10 Half Field program at Waverley: http://waverleyhc.org.au/u10-half-field/